Fixed hour, Flexible Contract (16 hrs, 24hrs 30hrs) to cover Mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and overnight sleep-ins
Senior Support Worker/Project Manager.
The Registered Manager has overall responsibility.
Prestwich, Bury, Manchester Area
To provide person centred support to a diverse range of service users with learning disabilities and/mental health needs, enabling service users to live an independent life, within diverse cultural communities and enhance their quality of life.
1. To assist service users in meeting their physical, social, emotional, and cultural needs (e.g. preparing appropriate diet and attending places of worship such as synagogue, church etc).
2. To provide person centred support involving the service user in the design, development and delivery of their support.
3. To work flexibly to meet the organisation’s rotas, which are designed to meet the needs of the service users, which include morning, afternoon, evening, week- end and sleep-in shifts.
4. To utilise the key worker system and contribute to person centred plans to identify the changing needs of service users and to plan, implement and evaluate plans in consultation with other staff and appropriate agencies.
5. To promote the health and well being of the service user by encouraging and supporting a healthy lifestyle this could include diet, exercise and paying attention to medical needs and addressing issues of concern to the appropriate person.
6. To listen and respond to service users ensuring that service user`s rights, dignity and privacy are maintained.
7. Understand and recognise that a service user may sometimes communicate what is important to them by his or her behaviour. Sometimes this can appear challenging, you must recognise this and follow the guidelines set out to respond in a consistent and appropriate manner.
8. To maintain professional relationships and communicate effectively with and between service users, their family/carers, other staff and external agencies.
9. To support service users to develop their independent living skills, this includes food preparation, budgeting, self care and socialising.
10. To undertake appropriate training and actively participate in team and service user meetings, case reviews and supervisions as and when required.
11. To maintain accurate, up to date records and reports in respect of service users and other matters as appropriate.
12. To participate and assist in day trips and holidays with service users as appropriate.
13. To undertake other appropriate tasks/duties as directed.